We are looking for a new Wengen Manager
Summary Job Description
The DHO is long-established British ski club based in Wengen, Switzerland.
The DHO has a large club room in the centre of Wengen which is open throughout the ski season. A bar is open every evening, and the room is also used for prize-givings, and DHO social activities.
The Club has approximately 1,200 members, of all nationalities, but predominantly British. DHO members are present in Wengen throughout the season ranging in number from 25 up to over 100.
The Wengen Manager is the Club’s representative in Wengen during the ski season.
The Manager’s principal duties are as follows:
• Ski-ing with the Club on six days each week during the ski season:
o Leading groups of DHO skiers in the Jungfrau region (Wengen, Grindelwald and Mürren) five days a week
o Organizing a race for DHO skiers on one day every week
• Attending the DHO Club Room six evenings a week, to deal with queries from members, and announcing the skiing and social programme for the forthcoming days
• Managing assistant leaders (an additional leader will be present throughout the season; these are qualified ski leaders who stay for about two weeks, in order to assist the Wengen Manager with leading and other duties)
• Recruitment of new members
• Promoting the DHO both to potential new members and to the village of Wengen
• Representing the DHO as our ambassador in the village activities of Wengen
The candidate will be an experienced skier and ski leader (on and off-piste) with appropriate qualifications, e.g. current BASI 2 qualification with mountain safety module, and/or SCGB or military qualifications.
Race-setting qualifications, and a good knowledge of the Jungfrau region, are desirable.
Basic conversational German would be an advantage.
The Manager will be engaged as a self-employed contractor, and will be paid an agreed sum for the entire season, in instalments.
The Wengen Manager will be expected to live in Wengen during the ski season. Please note that no accommodation is provided.
Salary circa. £18,000
Applications by letter with CV to email@example.com by 15/03/2019
If you wish to have an informal discussion about the post, or to seek any further information please contact the President, Nigel Ley at firstname.lastname@example.org